Humalect provides Bitbucket as one of the source code provider integrations.
What is Bitbucket?
Bitbucket is a web-based version control and collaboration tool for software development. It allows teams to host and manage their code, collaborate on development, and build and deploy their applications with integrated CI/CD. Let's look at some of its use cases.
Bitbucket Use Cases
- Code Hosting and Collaboration: Bitbucket allows teams to host and manage their code in a centralized location, making it easy for team members to collaborate on development and review each other's code.
- Continuous Integration and Deployment (CI/CD): Bitbucket integrates with popular CI/CD tools such as Jenkins and Bamboo, making it easy for teams to automate the build and deployment of their applications.
- Access Control and Permissions: Bitbucket allows teams to set up granular access controls and permissions, making it easy to manage who has access to specific code repositories and what actions they can perform.
- You or your organization must have an active Bitbucket account that contains the source code of the application.
- The NAT-IP for the cluster that is to be used should be whitelisted from the bitbucket account if you bitbucket account is not public.
Connecting your Bitbucket Account
Step 1: To get started with using Bitbucket, Go to the
integrations tab on the Humalect platform and click on the
Connect button of the
Bitbucket integration and follow along.
Step 2: Now, you will be redirected to bitbucket to authorize Humalect, click on the
grant access button to authorize Humalect to access all or selected repositories from your Bitbucket account.
On the redirected page, you will clearly be able to see all the access and permissions that you will grant to Humalect.
Here, we keep our permissions to a bare minimum, i.e:
- Read your repositories
- Read and modify your repositories webhooks
Step 3: After successful integration, you'll get automatically redirected to Humalect's platform and will see a
✅ Successful checkmark.
You can also check the connected repositories from the Dashboard and
integration id here.
Need help? Contact us