Humalect provides AWS as one of the cloud provider integrations.
What is AWS?
AWS is a cloud platform that provides infrastructure and services to help organizations implement continuous integration, delivery, and deployment. AWS services like CodePipeline, CodeBuild, and CodeDeploy enable DevOps teams to automate code deployment and infrastructure management, and to monitor and improve application performance.
AWS also provides tools for security and compliance, such as AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) and AWS Config, to ensure that applications and infrastructure meet industry standards and regulations.
AWS Use Cases
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC): AWS CloudFormation and AWS Elastic Beanstalk help DevOps teams define and manage infrastructure as code.
- Monitoring and logging: AWS provides services like CloudWatch and X-Ray that enable DevOps teams to monitor application performance, detect issues, and troubleshoot in real-time.
- Security and compliance: AWS offers a range of services to help DevOps teams implement security and compliance best practices, such as AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), AWS Config, and AWS Security Hub.
- Scalability and high availability: AWS provides services like Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, and Amazon RDS that help DevOps teams ensure that applications are highly available and can scale up or down as needed.
- Must have valid Humalect account credentials.
- Must have valid AWS account.
Connecting your AWS Account
Step 1: To get started with using AWS, Go to the
integrations tab on the Humalect platform and click on the
Connect button of the
AWS integration and follow along.
Step 2: Select the region for your AWS account as shown in the picture below and click on
Step 3: Login to your AWS account if not already.
Step 4: In the next step, you will be taken to a pre-defined CloudFormation template. This template will create an IAM role inside your account which will be used to create and manage infrastructure in your account. Humalect platform assumes this role on your request via the console, we do not take access to your AWS account.
Step 5: Click on the
Create Stack button at the bottom of the page, it will take around 30 seconds to process and your cloud account will be connected to Humalect.
Step 6: Once you are done creating the CloudFormation stack, return back to the Humalect console and you will see that your AWS account is now connected. You can also look at the permissions that the created role inside your account has.
Need help? Contact us