The world of software engineering is constantly changing and evolving, and one of the most important concepts to understand in this ever-changing landscape is DevOps automation. In this blog, we'll explore what DevOps automation is and the amazing automated DevOps pipeline tools available to help your business.
What is DevOps?
DevOps, short for "development and operations," combines practices, tools, and strategies that enable organizations to quickly deliver high-quality software applications and services. DevOps allows teams to collaborate more effectively, optimize processes, and share resources.
To explain simply, DevOps combines software development and operations teams to enable faster delivery of software applications. Developers can focus on coding and releasing new features, while operations teams can ensure that applications and services are up and running.
What is Automation?
Simply put, Automation uses technology to reduce manual processes and optimize workflow. In DevOps, Automation is used to speed up development and deployment times, freeing up resources for other tasks. Automation can also help minimize errors and miscommunications, ensuring applications are deployed quickly and accurately.
The gist of Automation is that it eliminates the need for manual actions so processes can be completed faster, more reliably, and with fewer errors. It will not only save time but also make use of existing resources more efficiently. With the right automation tools, processes can be automated at scale and with precision.
How can Automation be applied in DevOps?
Automation is an invaluable tool for DevOps teams, allowing them to speed up development and deployment times. However, often the most difficult part is deciding how and where to implement Automation.
In DevOps, Automation begins with code on developers' machines, extending from when the code is pushed to production and even beyond to monitoring the application and system in production. The development and operations team checks the code and environment configurations into source control. Automation then triggers a build, unit tests, and other quality and security tests. Once the code passes these tests, it is deployed to the next environment for further testing and then released to production.
To apply Automation in DevOps, one should build an automated, highly reliable, and scalable Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) pipeline. This pipeline will integrate the various stages of the application life cycle, from development to testing and then delivery. It enables developers to quickly deploy their code changes into production by automating the build, test, and release process.
In the end, one must automate the environment setup and configuration, which is creating and configuring server instances; installing the required packages and software components; managing system services; and provision network resources. Automating this environment setup and configuration is important to ensure consistency across the different hosts, thus helping reduce errors and installation time.
How Can Humalect Help in DevOps Automation?
Software delivery is a process with many moving parts, and automation can help streamline the development lifecycle.
Humalect is an AI-powered self-service DevOps automation platform that helps improve the efficiency and speed of deployment while driving down the cost. It provides you with all the necessary tools to build, deploy and manage applications in the cloud in a low-code way.
Features of the Humalect DevOps platform:
1. Kubernetes clusters and stable environments created in your cloud account via auto-generated Infrastructure as code templates using best cloud and security practices
2. CI/CD enabled deployments directly from your repositories in a click
3. Built-in observability to help you debug easily and keep track of resource usage
4. Auto scalability of infrastructure and your application guaranteed from day one
5. In-built support for the creation of terraform, Dockerfile and YAML templates.
6. Inbuilt logging and metrics for quick debugging, integrations with leading tools for deeper insights
7. Help in saving upto 57% on your AWS EC2 workloads via reserved instances through our partner network
Benefits of DevOps Automation using the Humalect Platform
1. Better visibility into infra and deployment lifecycles
2. faster release cycles, thanks to time saved on broken environments/infra management
3. Better cost control due to auto scalability and better cloud costs through our partner network
4. Better collaboration among your team as siloing goes away
5. Better developer productivity
6. Scalable infrastructure and full visibility via integrations
We have said enough! Try out the platform for free and see the benefits for yourself. Streamline your DevOps in minutes using the Humalect platform.